Our tax attorneys will help you navigate the complex and technical field of tax law
We resolve current tax problems and help you avoid future issues
When is the right time to consult with a tax lawyer?
- When starting a business
- When selling a business or investment property
- When making a large gift or selling something for less than fair market value
- When you think your estate might be taxable at your death
- When you receive a notice from the IRS or a state department of revenue
Unlike the conversations you might have with a CPA or other professional, communications with your tax lawyer are privileged. Your tax lawyer cannot be forced to give testimony against you.
As an additional service to our clients, we offer tax preparation services, including:
- Individual income taxes such as Schedule C for businesses, Schedule F for farmers, and Schedule E for Real Estate Rentals and other pass through entities
- Trust & estate taxes (fiduciary)
- Gift taxes
Our tax attorneys handle specialty claims in the following areas:
- Tax-exempt organizations