La Crosse’s Largest Business Law Firm Serving Companies and Commercial Ventures with Experienced Attorneys
We take pride in developing long-term relationships with business clients
Hale Skemp is ready to provide vital support to your business. Protecting the interests and security of your business starts with a proper legal foundation and regular legal maintenance to ensure compliance and minimize risk. Whether you want to start a business, require legal counsel related to an employment law, or are facing a dispute, you need a business law attorney attuned to the nuances of your operation. Offering decades of experience, our business law attorneys make starting, running, and selling a business a little easier.
Handling a range of business law issues
At Hale Skemp, we take the time to understand the unique objectives of our business clients and devise appropriate solutions. We know that every business model is different, that our clients have different goals, and that the business concerns of our clients deserve individualized solutions. Our attorneys bring a diverse set of experiences to quickly respond to the varying needs of our clients and can assist you in business law matters, including:
- Start-up and formation
- We are experienced in business formation and organization, including partnerships, Corporations, S-Corps., Limited Liability Companies (LLC), Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP), and limited partnerships. We’ll explain the differences and advise you on tax implications and personal liability.
- Establishing operational procedures
- We’re familiar with start-up organization and contracts including operating and partnership agreements, by-laws and articles, shareholder control issues, and forum for dispute resolution.
- Employment law issues and concerns
- Handling disputes and litigation from inception to resolution
- We assist Wisconsin and Minnesota businesses with preventive measures that lessen the likelihood of lawsuits. But when litigation does occur, we mobilize our considerable resources to represent clients in disputes and litigation related to contracts, employment law, construction litigation, real estate, and shareholder disputes. If a lawsuit arises, our business law attorneys will work with you and pursue the case with a clear understanding of your goals.
- Compliance and business counseling
- Front-end planning can prevent litigation and disputes. We provide ongoing counsel from start-up through dissolution to protect the interests of our clients in contract formation, mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sale of business, regulatory approvals and compliance (licensing, permitting, zoning) franchise agreements, or franchising your business.
Business lawyers who skillfully draft and close business deals to move your venture forward
Properly crafted agreements are crucial tools in the arsenal of every business. Skilled attorneys help you maximize opportunities for profit and control costs while limiting risk and legal exposure in well-drafted contracts. The business lawyers at Hale Skemp pay meticulous attention to detail to draft and negotiate deals that achieve your goals. Contract services include:
- Shareholder agreements, member agreements, and partnership agreements
- Sale of goods and services
- Purchase of goods and services
- Real estate contracts
- Waivers and releases
- No-compete agreements
- Employment agreements and independent contractor agreements
- Severance agreements
- Copyright and trademark licenses
- Franchise agreements
- Proprietary information and confidentiality agreements
We offer comprehensive services to protect the immediate and long-term goals of our business and closely held family business clients. We also represent non-profit and not-for-profit organizations in formation and application/compliance for tax-exempt status.