Attorney Sarah Fortune counsels clients in business, estate, and tax matters. “People often think of attorneys after a crisis, but what I like most about my work is that I help clients prevent disputes and financial crisis in their business and personal lives.” She crafts custom estate plans using wills, trusts, and other tools that allow her clients to manage their healthcare, finances, childcare, and gifting before and after death or disability.
Sarah applies that same attention to detail to business and real estate transactions. She advises new entrepreneurs and experienced executives alike on business formation, handling problem employees, succession planning, and everything in between.
In her free time, Sarah enjoys gardening and spending time with her nieces at the family farm. Sarah loves to travel and her adventures have included swimming with beluga whales in the Arctic Circle and camping in the Amazon rainforest in Brazil.
Honors & Awards
Super Lawyers – Rising Star: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Business Succession Planning: How Long-Term Disability Benefits Affect Your Company and You.
Adjunct Professor for Business Law, Western Technical College, La Crosse, Wisconsin, August to December 2014
Professional & Community Affiliations
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 2008 – Present
- La Crosse County Bar Association, 2008–Present
- Vice President–2019
- Coulee Region Humane Society, Board of Directors, 2010–2016
- La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce, Chamber Leadership Program Graduate, 2009–2010
- J.D., Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, (2008)
- B.A. Journalism, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, (2005)
- B.B.A. Marketing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, (2005)