Since 1919, Hale Skemp has collaborated with a wide variety of organizations, from non-profits to local charities and churches, to help make our communities stronger.
Our attorneys serve the legal profession by volunteering as board members and being involved in the state and local bar associations. Supporting and improving our communities is a priority for our firm.
Our attorneys contribute time, energy, and resources through pro bono legal services and charitable contributions that increase access to justice and help the most vulnerable populations.
Celebrating our centennial year
As we celebrate our 100th anniversary, we invite the community to join us in these upcoming events:
- September 7, 2019–Steppin’ Out in Pink
One of our charity events for our 100th anniversary “year of giving back” to the community will be Steppin’ Out in Pink. It kicks off at 8:45 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7 at Gundersen’s La Crosse Campus Walking Trail. Look for the “Hale Skempers” section!Hale Skemp has chosen to sponsor this incredible event to celebrate breast cancer survivors and to continue to bring awareness and support this great cause in our community.If you have never been to this event, it is really terrific. There are shuttle buses that make getting in and out of the grounds fairly simple.
- September 7, 2019–Moon Tunes Woodstock Tribute 1:30–9 p.m. Watch for more details. Sponsored by Hale Skemp.
Also in 2019
- We participated in Aptiv’s “Game-On!” on March 22, 2019, in an effort to raise money for people with disabilities. A team consisting of Will Bolte, Craig Steger, Susan Collins, and Garett Pankratz participated in trivia-type events and swept the competition, winning both the fundraising award and the game-winning award. Hale Skemp’s team, named the “Trivia Tortfeasors,” received a big boost from Will Bolte, who was the team’s undeniable MVP.
- As a part of our 100th anniversary celebration, we held an alumni party for all past and present firm members who helped make Hale Skemp’s 100 years a success. The celebration took place at Myrick Park on June 22, 2019.
- Hale Skemp volunteered for Neighbors Day 2019 in La Crosse. Firm members braved rain and assisted La Crosse citizens who are elderly or have disabilities in completing yard work.
- Hale Skemp annually takes lunch at La Crosse’s Riverfest along the Mississippi River. The firm enjoyed local food and live music to show support for the annual event.