Experienced Wrongful Death Attorneys
Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik, Attorneys & Counselors at Law can bring a wrongful death action to recover for the loss. Wrongful death claims can arise in many situations:
- Car accidents: Automobile accidents have claimed the lives of more than 500 people in Wisconsin each year since 2008, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, with 2013 likely to yield similar results.
- Motorcycle accidents: More than 100 people died in Wisconsin motorcycle crashes in 2012, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Truck accidents: There were 74 large truck crash fatalities in Wisconsin in 2011, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Work-related accidents: Approximately 90 fatal work injuries occurred in Wisconsin each year from 2009 to 2011, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Dangerous and defective products: Adults and children can be fatally harmed by dangerous and defective products, including swimming pools, nursery items, playground facilities and products that cause electrocution or fires.
- Boating accidents: There were eight boating fatalities reported during the summer season of 2013 by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
Fatalities can also result when accidents involve pedestrians, bicycles, trains, construction zones, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and school buses. At Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik, we pursue those responsible for the wrongful death of others and seek compensation for all damages permitted by law, including:
Our wrongful death attorneys have significant experience in such cases. By way of example, our firm obtained recovery in one case for a woman whose husband was killed in a tractor accident. Our wrongful death attorneys also handle claims involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents and many other causes.
Contact a La Crosse wrongful death attorney to assist you when a loved one or family member is fatally injured in an accident
The attorneys at Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik assist accident victims and the family members and loved ones of those who perish because of the wrongful acts or neglect of others. Our office is located near the Mississippi River and close to the Cass Street Bridge. Contact us online or call us at 608-519-4788.