Join Our Team!
Come work at Hale Skemp, the Coulee Region’s largest law firm. We’ve served Western Wisconsin for 100 years and continue to grow. We are looking to hire an experienced Legal Assistant to join our existing top-notch team. Apply here.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits (including insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, and more). Pay may be adjusted if candidate has legal office experience.
In this position, you will work closely with our attorneys in tasks including:
- Drafting correspondence and documents for pending court cases and clients
- Transcribing dictation and compiling documents
- Proofreading, editing and finalizing work material
- Opening new client matters and working files
- Assisting with time entry and billing functions
- Calendaring case deadlines
- And more
- HSD/GED required. Associate degree in a legal or business field, paralegal certificate, or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or in a corporate legal department), legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines.