Passionate Legal Service for Personal and Business Matters by a La Crosse Law Firm
Teamwork and purpose guide our focus on personal injury, divorce and business law
As the largest law firm in the La Crosse area, we have the size, talent and resources to assist clients in dealing with a wide range of legal matters. Many of our clients are individuals from the local communities of La Crosse, Sparta and Holmen. They include people who've been injured in accidents or need to deal with difficult family issues involving divorce, estate planning and taxes. Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik, Attorneys & Counselors at Law, also represents business clients, large and small, who need the seasoned guidance of experienced counsel to help them realize their dreams of building profitable, sustainable enterprises to support their families and employees, while benefiting the community. Our major areas of practice include:
- Personal injury law: Accidents can change lives. If you are hurt in a car or other vehicle accident or a job-related accident, or by a defective product or dangerous condition, you have the right to recover damages for personal injury. Insurance companies that issue policies to the people whose careless or negligent action leads to your injury need to know that you have someone on your side, representing your interests. An experienced personal injury attorney at Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik can make all the difference when handling your case and providing the assistance necessary to recover appropriate amounts for injury and loss.
- Divorce and family law: Divorce is a difficult and emotional event for you and your family members. Even an uncontested divorce requires legal assistance and careful planning to properly protect your interests and prepare you for a new life. A divorce attorney is crucial when dealing with the complex legal issues that arise, including those related to division of property, spousal support and children.We also assist clients with termination of parental rights and adoptions.
- Business law: Owning or managing a business is serious work. Commitment and vision are required on a daily basis. The business law attorneys at Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik have guided companies in La Crosse, Monroe and Vernon counties and beyond at every stage of their development. We help businesses meet diverse challenges, including entity formation, operation, growth, litigation, and sale or dissolution. We draft and negotiate a wide array of business and commercial contracts, including sales, purchase and shareholder agreements, and also handle employment law needs, regulatory compliance issues and day-to-day counseling.
Advising clients on legal issues connected to finance, real estate, education, government and criminal defense
Our attorneys represent clients on many matters other than personal injury, divorce and business law. The lawyers at our firm have the experience necessary to counsel and litigate in diverse fields, including:
- Commercial and residential real estate transactions, issues and disputes
- School districts and municipalities
- Construction litigation
- Estate planning, wills, trusts and probate
- Criminal defense
- Insurance defense
- Employment law
- Tax preparation
Whatever your legal needs are, our attorneys can help. We are available to represent clients from all walks of life, including those with modest incomes and individuals of high net worth.
Work with a full-service firm handling personal injury, divorce, business law and many other matters
Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik looks forward to hearing from you. Located blocks from the Mississippi River and close to the Cass Street Bridge, we can travel if necessary to meet you at your home, the hospital or your place of business. Contact us online or call us at 608-519-4788.