La Crosse’s Largest Business Law Firm Serving Companies and Commercial Ventures with Experienced Attorneys
Our attorneys take pride in developing long-term relationships with business clients
Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik can be an important ally and provide vital support to your business. Protecting the interests and security of your business starts with a proper legal foundation and regular legal maintenance to ensure compliance and minimize risk. Whether you are considering starting a business, require legal counsel related to an employment law matter or contract, or are facing some other kind of dispute; you need a business law attorney attuned to the nuances of your operation. Offering decades of experience, our business law attorneys make the processes of starting, running, and selling a business a little easier.
Handling a range of business law issues
At Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik, we take the time to understand the unique objectives of our business clients and devise appropriate solutions. We know that every business model is different, that our clients have different goals, and that the business concerns of our clients deserve individualized solutions. Our attorneys bring a diverse set of experiences to quickly respond to the varying needs of our clients and can assist you in business law matters, including:
- Start-up and formation: We are experienced in business formation and organization, including partnerships, Corporations, S-Corps., Limited Liability Companies (LLC), Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP), and limited partnerships. We will advise you on the consequences of your entity selection, such as the tax implications and personal liability.
- Establishing operational procedures: We are experienced in start-up organization and contracts including operating and partnership agreements, by-laws and articles, shareholder control issues, and forum for dispute resolution.
- Addressing employment law issues and concerns
- Handling disputes and litigation from inception to resolution: We assist Wisconsin and Minnesota businesses with preventive measures that lessen the likelihood of lawsuits occurring. But when litigation does occur, the firm employs our considerable resources to represent clients in disputes and litigation related to contracts, employment law, construction litigation, real estate, and shareholder disputes. Our business law attorneys will work with you to establish goals when lawsuits arise and pursue each case with a clear understanding of your goals.
- Compliance and business counseling: Front-end planning can prevent future litigation and disputes. We provide ongoing counsel from start-up through dissolution to protect the interests of our clients in contract formation, mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sale of business, regulatory approvals and compliance (licensing, permitting, zoning) franchise agreements, or franchising your business.
Business lawyers who skillfully draft and close business deals to move your venture forward
Properly crafted agreements are crucial tools in the arsenal of every business. Skilled attorneys help you maximize opportunities for profit and control costs while limiting risk and legal exposure in well-drafted contracts. The business lawyers at Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik pay meticulous attention to detail, drafting, and negotiating deals to achieve your goals. Contract services include:
We offer comprehensive services to protect the immediate and long-term goals of our business and closely held family business clients. We also represent non-profit and not for profit organizations in formation and application/ compliance for tax-exempt status.
Contact a La Crosse business law firm capable of handling all your business legal needs
The business lawyers at Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik represent large and small businesses engaged in a variety of industries in Wisconsin and Minnesota. The firm assists entrepreneurs, owners, executives, and managers. Contact us online or call us at 608-519-4788.