Roger L. Imes »
(888) 899-5461 Tel
(608) 784-7414 Fax
Roger Imes has been a partner in the Hale, Skemp, Hanson, Skemp & Sleik law firm since 1973. In addition to a general practice in which he assists clients with a wide variety of legal issues and helps them secure information needed to resolve their problems to their best advantage, he focuses his practice on estate planning; probate, estate and trust administration; elder law; small business advice; and construction law. His work in estate planning and estate administration not only emphasizes providing for family and charitable organizations but also emphasizes planning techniques that protect his clients and their families from legal hassles and unnecessary taxes.
Roger has represented a major regional architectural and engineering firm for a number of years consulting with them in a wide variety of construction related issues. In addition, he has represented general contractors, sub-contractors, and owners concerning construction law issues.
Roger is a graduate of the University of Nebraska and obtained his law degree at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. He was admitted to the State Bar of Wisconsin in 1969. He is a member of the La Crosse County Bar Association and Wisconsin Bar Association and is active in the community serving on the La Crosse Education Foundation Board and the Mobile Meals Board. He also assisted in organizing the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity and has served on its Board of Directors. Roger recently finished two terms on the Wisconsin Trust Account Foundation Board. In addition to these activities, Roger has spoken frequently to community groups on estate planning, construction law, and various other legal matters.
- Bar Admissions:
- Wisconsin, 1969
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1969
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1990
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, USA, 1966
Major: Political Science
- Kellogg v. Village of Viola, 227 N.W.2d 55 (WI Sup. Ct. 1975)
- Hengel v. Hengel, 365 N.W.2d 16 (Wis. App. 1985)
- Hengel v. Hengel, 355 N.W.2d 846 (Wis. App. 1984)
- Representative Clients:
- HSR Associates, Incorporated
- Wichelt Imports, Inc.
- School District of La Crosse
- Huber Properties, Inc.
- Coon Valley Telephone Co.
- Town of Wheatland
- La Crosse County, 1969 - Present
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Valley View Rotary, 2000 - Present
- Habitat for Humanity, 1990 - 1996
- La Crosse Area Mobile Meals, 2002 - Present
- Community Literacy Coalition, 2004 - Present
- La Crosse Symphony Orchestra, 2005 - Present